The Fall 2015 Season Starts Friday, September 11th!

Dear AdventuRiders,

Wait! What happened to the Summer? Well the good news is that the Fall 2015 Season of AdventuRides starts on Friday, September 11th. Yes, that's THIS Friday!

New riders just need to bring their bike, their helmet, and sign a WAIVER

Returning riders and those who are sure they are going to like it should sign up with the recreation department of their choice.


I will send out Friday's ride details shortly. BTW, we're starting in Groton Center.


I hate to admit it, but my bike has spider webs on it and the chain is rusty. While I was getting my bike ready, I made up a checklist for you.
  1. Find your bike, evict the spiders, and dust it off.
  2. No, not your spouse's bike!
  3. Make sure it fits and works properly and hasn't been hit by a lawnmower.
  4. Lubing the chain is always a good idea.
  5. PUMP UP YOUR TIRES. There is no way that the tires held enough air over the Summer. Riding on low tires is no fun. As a last resort, I will have a pump with me. You should get into the habit of pumping up your tires at least once a week.
  6. See #5 - This is important for your enjoyment of the ride. Please have me pump up your tires before we leave if necessary.
  7. See #5 - If you need to use Fearless Leader's pump, please get there 15 minutes early.
  8. You MUST have an ANSI approved bicycle helmet. I have one spare, first come first served. 
  9. You will want a water bottle.
  10. You will want an assortment of layered clothing. It often goes from chilly in the morning to hot in the afternoon this time of year.
  11. A signed Waiver of Liability, yes, initial all the yellow spaces too.
  12. I will have a few Waivers of Liability with me if you need one.
  13. A smile on your face, at least by the time we return.

Hope to see you there,
Bill and Carole

Upcoming Rides

Photos

More Photos

Video

Blog Archive