Reminder - Groton Center on Friday

Dear AdventuRiders,

Unfortunately the weather will not be as nice as it was today. It will be more like what we had on Wednesday, pleasant but a bit chilly.

The morning Fitness Ride is one of my favorites, but it could be a bit challenging for this early in the season. We will go to Shirley to see the Storybook House, Shirley Center, and the not quite flooding Squannacook River. I tried to minimize the hills, but ...

Don't miss the YUMMY lunch at Filho's.

I haven't figured out the afternoon Recreation Ride yet because the rail trail is snow covered north of Sand Hill Road. I'll come up with something though.


On Friday, April 4th - Groton Center
  • 9:30 AM - The Fitness Ride will leave.
  • 11:30 AM - We should be back.
  • Starting Point Map - Groton Center.
  • Route Map - Groton - Storybook - Shirley
  • Distance - 16 miles
  • Elevation Gain - 350 feet
  • Unpaved - Yes! We may find some mud and snow along the way.
  • Equipment - I plan to bring my ROAD bike.
  • AR Index - roughly equal to 19 flat, smooth miles.
LUNCH - 11:30 to 12:30 - Filho's Cucina.

  • 12:30 PM - The Recreation Ride will leave.
  • 2:30 PM - We should be back.
  • Starting Point Map - Groton Center.
  • Route Map - TBD
  • Distance - 12-ish
  • Elevation Gain - flat-ish
  • Unpaved - Possible Mud and Snow.
  • Equipment - I plan to bring my ROAD bike.
  • AR Index - roughly equal to 14 (or less) flat, smooth miles.
Hope to see you there,
Bill and Carole

Upcoming Rides

Photos

More Photos

Video

Blog Archive