Reminder - South Chelmsford Tomorrow + RT 119 Update

Dear AdventuRiders,

The good news is that I can recycle last week's email with just a couple of edits, the bad news is the weather is crappy again :-( I attached a picture from yesterday's ride when the weather was perfect!

Well, the forecast is not looking very good for tomorrow :-( Its supposed to be low 40s in the morning with a 60% chance of rain. By noon it "improves" to mid 40s with only a 40% chance of rain. I will send out email and update the website with the ride status before 8:00 AM tomorrow.

The morning Recreation Ride will travel to Chelmsford Center on the new Bruce Freeman Rail Trail then explore the Cranberry Bogs and finally ride through a bit of Carlisle before returning on the BFRT. The route is about 12 miles and 360 feet elevation gain. It will be all on road.

The afternoon Fitness Ride will also start on the Bruce Freeman and travel south to explore Carlisle and Great Brook Farm State Park. The route is about 16 1/2 miles with 700 feet elevation gain. It will be almost all on road. There is a short stretch of dirt / gravel road in GBFSP.

On Friday April 16th, we will meet at Heart Pond in South Chelmsford. Here is a map.

* At 9:30 AM - The Recreation Ride will leave for Chelmsford Center. Here is a map.
* At 11:30 AM - We will have a picnic lunch at Heart Pond with subs from Kate's Corner.
* At 12:15 PM - The Fitness Ride will leave for Carlisle. Here is a map.
* At 2:15 PM - We will be back.

Hope to see you there,
Bill and Carole

PS. Here is a video update on Rt 119. Thanks Alex!

This video shows the downstream side of rte 119 with new culverts in place and cofferdam removed. Big hold up now is rebuilding wall and, I assume grouting it with concrete. With rain due tomorrow, this may delay final infill of roadbed. Line of trucks bringing in fill, bulldozer smoothing it out and steamroller compacting it. Upstream side of Rte 119, they are removing cofferdam. All in all, quite the project!

Upcoming Rides


More Photos


Blog Archive